Search This Blog

September 18, 2009

Cabbage pakoda


Everytime I buy cabbage, I finally end up in purchasing bigger sized one. I like to add this juicy vegetable in most of my dishes like fried rice, spring rolls, vada, raita & so on. And this time I made this crispy pakoda with cabbage & few other handy ingredients. It was crispy & great with jeera rice. Nice twist yet taste delicious.

Ingredients :
  1. Shredded cabbage - 2 cups
  2. Besan - 3 tbsp
  3. Rice flour - 3 tbsp
  4. Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
  5. Green chillies - 2 nos
  6. Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
  7. Onion - 1 no
  8. Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
  9. Oil - 1 tsp + for frying

Method :

1. Combine shredded cabbage, besan, rice flour, red chilly powder, finely chopped green chillies, baking soda, finely chopped onion, curry leaves & 1 tsp hot oil.

2. Dont add water (if necessary add 1 tsp of water) (After 3 min, onion & cabbage release some water which is enough for the batter)

3. Heat oil in the frying pan & deep fry the pakoda till golden brown and crispy on either sides.

Serve warm with tomato ketchup.

Note:

Addition of ginger garlic paste will enhances the flavour & taste too.

6 comments :

Nithya said...

Anything fried can fill my tummy any time. :) looks tempting

Nazarina A said...

I can feel my way crunching through this delicious savory snack Yum!

Srikitchen said...

looks so good!
do visit my blog when u find time!

Parita said...

so crispy and yummy..all of sudden i m craving for some bhajjis now!

Unknown said...

Havent heard of cabbage pakoda. Interesting recipe.

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Looks so yummy and nice one for munching...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...